Johns Manville R38 Insulation 16 x 48 Unfaced Fiberglass Batt (8 Bags)
JM Unfaced Formaldehyde-free™ fiberglass insulation is prefect for effective thermal and noise control. Our unfaced insulation is available in pre-cut batts to fit standard wall cavities. Increase the overall comfort of your home with fiberglass wall insulation. It’s thermal performance helps to maintain temperatures, reducing energy loss and energy costs while also reducing room-to-room sound transmission.
- Pre-Cut & Easy to Install for standard size wall cavities
- Formaldehyde-free: Greenguard GOLD certified & SCS Certified to be formaldehyde free
- Sound Control: Reduces sound transmission through exterior and interior walls, floor and ceiling assemblies.
- Unfaced - Unfaced installation is easier to install as its easier to cut and doesn't bunch
- Easy Installation - These batts are easy to handle and friction fit in cavities.
- Thermally Efficient: Effective resistance to heat transfer
- 48 Square Feet per Bag
- Fiberglass Insulation Batt 16 in. x 48 in.x 12 in thick
- 8 pieces per bag
- 4 bags per Master Pack
Johns Manville Unfaced Fiberglass Batt insulation is Made in the USA. All batts are precut to friction fit into standard cavities. Founded in 1858, Johns Manville is one of the highest quality and most sold fiberglass insulation product int he United States.
Johns Manville makes eco-freindly formaldehyde free fiberglass. They make fiberglass insulation for the home and commercial applications from R 11-R 49. JM provides quality insulation for sound, thermal and energy saving solutions for todays homes.
A significant amount of heat is lost through the roof, which makes the attic an important area to insulate. Based on the US Department of Energy recommended R value you should insulation your ceiling with R 30 or R38.
JM insulation is sold in big box stores and also can be bought through distributors like Pacific Insulation. Pacific Insulation provides a unique opportunity to buy the same products at retails stores at wholesale pricing. Homeowner and contractors have the opportunity to buy small or large amounts direct form the distributor. By buying direct we are able to offer lower prices do to lower operating costs. Buyers can pick up from one of our 70 locations or we can deliver direct to job sites.
Prices can vary by location in the US. Its always best to text or call us to get an exact quote fo the exact amount of fiberglass insulation that you need.
U.S. Department of Energy Recommended Total R-Values
2008 U.S. Department of Energy
R-Value Recommendations for New and Existing Homes
The following 2008 Department of Energy zone recommendations are based on comparing estimated future energy savings to the current cost of installing insulation. The DOE gives a range for many locations for the following reasons:
- Energy costs vary greatly over each zone
- Installed insulation costs vary greatly over each zone
- Heating and cooling equipment efficiency varies from house to house
- Best estimate of future energy costs may not be exact. 1
- Reference : Department of Energy Insulation Fact Sheet
(DOE/CE-0180 2008 update) DOE/CE-0180 2008, Insulation Fact Sheet.